10 Reasons You Need to Advertise – FREQUENTLY:
- People have new wants and needs every day. Very few people have a need for any specific merchandise item on any given day. According to Newspaper Association of America’s research, half of consumers who bought items in a week said that their decision to shop was made that day. Frequent advertising reaches this “thin market” when they are ready to buy, not just when you are ready to sell.
- Frequent advertising reaches your customers – regardless of their habits. Frequency builds awareness. Awareness builds familiarity and familiarity builds trust. Conventional wisdom says that your audience needs to be exposed to your ad 2.5 times to sink in and build awareness. Just like dieting, advertising gets the best results over time. Each ad builds on prior brand recognition.
- Frequency offers you the best rates. Most advertising mediums today offer significant incentives for increasing frequency.
- Today’s ad may influence – but tomorrow’s will close the deal for a lukewarm prospect. Like pushing a ball up a hill, it is better to push slowly than to push quickly and run out of energy halfway up.
- Frequent advertising helps you beat your competition. If you are not advertising as much as your competition does, who is more likely to reach the consumer who is ready to shop?
- Everyday you: open your store, keep your shelves stocked, keep your phone connected, have your staff come to work … SHOULDN’T YOU INVITE CUSTOMERS IN? Advertising is one of your smallest expenses. Yet, not using it often enough can kill your business. For the average business, the investment in advertising could be as low as 2-3%.
- Advertising frequently = higher than average results. Brand equity grows with increased advertising, showing a positive effect overall. The long-term effect of advertising leads to a brand being less price-sensitive. This could be good news for advertisers keen to apply gradual price increases after initially dropping a rate.
- Frequent advertising helps you spread your sales evenly throughout the year. You can avoid spikes in customer traffic, efficiently utilize resources and manage inventory.
- Frequency helps your advertising cut through the clutter. Have you ever trained a puppy? Did you find yourself repeating your commands? Is that more likely to get the pup to change behavior? Repeating yourself to a target consumer increases the odds that your message will get through.
- People forget! What are the statistics about how fast people forget? It used to be that something like 80% forget a message in 24 hours. But, I forget.
InSilico Media Group is dedicated to helping small, local businesses grow through smart marketing solutions and responsive, professionally designed websites. Our low overhead, lean strategy, and focused team means great things for our clients – no longer do they have to worry about turnover rates and the high price tag of hiring a dedicated in-house professional. If you’re ready to jump start your business’s marketing, contact us today!